Working Effectively with Children and Young People
Spring 2023 (dates and cost tbc.) – via Zoom. Limited Spaces.
9.30AM (for a 9.45AM start) – 4.30PM.
Presented by Sue Grainger – MindWorks Lead Course Tutor
Sue is a qualified Family Support Worker and Nursery Nurse with over 30 years’ experience of working with children and families on a range of issues from sleep to teenage exam stress. She works with all age groups in her practice and is a Hypnotherapy in Schools Registered Practitioner.
On this training we will cover:
• The differences between adult and child therapy, how to adapt what you already know.
• How to be confident in spotting when somethings not right - Brief look into general Child Development – key points to look for.
• Some common reasons for children coming to therapy, what is appropriate to treat.
• How to structure a session and manage expectations
• How to adapt your working space to be child and family friendly
• What to consider when working on Zoom.
• How to build Self Esteem for children. Exercises and activities to use in session, at home and with parents to ensure continuity for the child.
• How to engage and give advice to parents/carers
You will also receive:
• Child focused induction script
• Child focused suggestion script
• Activity ideas for in session, at home and family.
• A plan template to help with starting work with a child.
By the end of this training day you will be equipped to offer a tailored and effective service to children and young people and have a comprehensive tool kit by your side.